Winter 2012/2013 Advertising Campaign
Explore Minnesota Tourism Winter advertising campaign primarily directs consumers to Minnesota travel and tourism opportunities on exploreminnesota.com. The “More to Explore” creative continues as the advertising theme.
- Winter Explorer Newspaper distributed in Star Tribune Sunday, November 18.
- 1/6th page ad in Jan/Feb issue of Midwest Living Magazine.
- Radio advertising through the Minnesota Broadcasters Association in greater Minnesota with a 6 week flight mid January-February promoting winter travel.
- Radio sponsorship messages on Minnesota Public Radio on 89.3 The Current
- Paid search advertising campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Online lead generation programs with TravelInformation.com and TravelGuidesFree.com
- Banners and web content with links to exploreminnesota.com ongoing on regional media websites including: KARE-11 and Minnesota Public Radio.
- Sponsorship program with BringMeTheNews.com, that provides tourism advertorial articles linking to exploreminnesota.com
- Online display banner audience targeting campaign using behavioral, demographic, contextual and geo-targeting tools and testing with multiple behavioral companies.
- Online Co-Registration program through ValueClick Media to generate additional e-newsletter sign-ups.
- Monthly E-mail’s promoting timely winter topics to 80,000 subscribers December and February and to subscribers and an additional 250,000 geo-targeted consumers in January and March.
- Promotional E-mails in November and January with targeted message for promotional sweepstakes through StarTribune, Pioneer Press/Twincities.com, In-Forum, Des Moines Register, Chicago Sun Times.
- Geo targeted fan generation banners on Facebook
Marketing Partnerships and Promotions
- Partnering with Twin Cites radio station KOOL-108 on Winter Getaway Sweepstakes during the station’s holiday music season Mid November – Christmas.
- Winter trivia sweepstakes called “Winnesota” runs January 15-February 11, 2013, featuring 3 Bed & Breakfast packages and $100 Holiday Gas/Gift Cards as prizes. The sweepstakes advertising is primarily digital with online banner ads, e-mails and Facebook banners.
- 2012 Explore Minnesota Challenge, a series of 28 running and walking races throughout MN, was launched December 1 in partnership with Anderson Race Management. Participants completing 8 races, with at least one in each of 4 designated areas in Minnesota win the challenge.