Banadad Ski Trail System
Rates: Minnesota State Ski pass required, sold at Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B. Free parking at eastern trailhead and western trailhead.
- Minnesota State Ski pass required, sold at Poplar Creek Guesthouse B&B. Free parking at eastern trailhead and western trailhead.
Open: Nov 1, 2013 - Apr 15, 2014
41 km trackset. The Banadad is the Boundary Waters (BWCA) Longest groomed trail (29 km.). Yurt located along the Banadad. From eastern trailhead in addition to the Banadad, skiers can access the Lace Lake (5 km.) the Sepalla (1.5 km.), Tall Pines (5.5 km.) ski trails and 8 km of snowshoe trails. Part of 180 km. Gunflint Nordic Trail. Maps, trail information go to www.banadad.org. A "carbon neutral trail"- CO2 produced by maintenance & grooming sequestered in tree planting.
Other Date Information
- Additional Date Information: 8:00am to 4:30PM daily during ski season
- Desc of Green Practices in Place: The Banadad Ski Trail is carbon neutral - all co2 produced by grooming and maintenance is calculated and then sequestered in tree planting projects on the Gunflint Trail
- Air Quality Improvements
- Eco-Friendly Landscape/Facility Design
- Transportation-Related Policies or Programs
- Eco-Friendly Purchasing Practices