Other Date Information
- Additional Date Information
:Open Tuesday through Sunday; closed Mondays except for holidays; Visitors may arrive between 5pm-8pm and stay on the viewing deck until dusk. Please note that because of our open viewing deck, the sanctuary must close during inclement weather.
- Desc of Green Practices in Place
:Much of our bear food is donated from companies that would have otherwise just thrown the food away, we re-use packaging materials, we recycle whatever we can, and our volunteers keep water and electricity consumption to a bare minimum.
- Waste Reduction/Reuse/Recycling
- Water Conservation/Wastewater Mgmt Plan
- Energy Efficiency/Conservation
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
Travel Hwy 53 North from Duluth for approximately 2 hours. One mile South of Orr, turn left by the Dam restaurant onto CR 23 (also called Nett Lake Road). Go 13.3 miles and look for the Sanctuary signs on the right.