Heartland State Trail
Alternate Phone: 218-308-2372
A 49 mile multiple use trail between Park Rapids and Cass Lake. The trail is located entirely on a level abandoned railroad grade except for two short segments north of Walker; snowmobiles on sharply rolling terrain. The 27 mile segment between Park Rapids and Walker has a paved surface. This segment has a second grassy treadway for horseback riding, mountain biking, and studded snowmoible tracks. The paved 20 mile segment from Walker to Cass Lake now allows studded snowmobiles.
- Directions to Facility / Event: Various connections to the trail along TH 34 and TH 371 in the communities of Park Rapids, Dorset, Nevis, Akeley, Walker, and Cass Lake. Look for trail directional signs.
Other Date Information
- Additional Date Information: Trail is available 24 hours per day. Trail is open to snowmobiles from December 1 to April 1 if conditions warrant. . NOTICE!The portion of the trail running through Akeley is closed for construction, due to a bridge replacement that is expected to last
- Additional Rate Information: No pass/license required for non-motorized use.
- Accessible to Disabled
- Can Accommodate Groups of 45 or more
- Multiple use trail between Park Rapids and Cass Lake located entirely on a level abandoned railroad grade except for one 4 mi segment north of Walker.
- Views of lakes, rivers and streams are numerous, and many are accessible from the trail. Passed through hardwood forests and stands of jack, red, and white pine.
Ratings & Reviews
[ 0 Reviews ]