Leading up a gentle incline of Loretto Park is a "Way of the Cross." Its 14 stations were built by The Poor Hand Maids of Jesus Christ in 1904. The exquisite statuary for the stations was imported from Bavaria. This century-old historic site is open to the public.
New in 2007,adjacent to the Way of the Cross entrance, is a small park honoring pioneer Catholic priest, Father Alexander Berghold. The park contains a full-size statue of him, benches, flowers, and panels that describe his works.