The R. D. Hubbard House was built in 1871. This French Second Empire home has been restored to its 1905 appearance. The restoration includes turn of the century furnishings, including Tiffany lamps and silk wall coverings. The grounds contain the Palmer Centennial Gardens and Carriage House with a variety of carriages and other antique vehicles. R. D. Hubbard was a prominent Mankato businessman who founded Hubbard Milling, which produced "Mother Hubbard" flour.