Tettegouche State Park5702 Highway 61
Silver Bay, MN 55614
The park is located 58 miles northeast of Duluth. Entrance to the park is 4 1/2 miles northeast of Silver Bay on U.S. Highway 61.Get Directions
This park is a spectacular destination. Hike out to the rocky, wind-swept Shovel Point or back into one of the four, quiet inland lakes. And, of course, don't miss the beautiful High Falls on the Baptism River, the highest waterfall fully inside Minnesota's borders. 23 mi of hiking trails, 12 miles of groomed ski trails and 12 miles of snowmobile trails. Hike-in to one of four rental cabins on Mic Mac Lake or drive to the Illgen Falls Cabin.
Hours & DatesPark permits: $35 annual, $26 second vehicle, $12 handicapped, or $7 daily. Camping fees are separate.
Book an online reservation 24 hours a day.
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) Apr–Sep, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. D
- Open in fall
- Open in winter
- Open in summer
On-Site Facilities & Services
- Located on a lake or river
- Bike trail
- Canoes or kayaks available
- Cross-country ski trail (groomed)
- Hiking trail
- Lake/river access (boat ramp)
- Snowmobile trail (groomed)
- Snowshoes available
- Eco-friendly landscape/facility design
- Eco-friendly purchasing practices
- Energy efficiency/conservation
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Water conservation/wastewater management plan
- Accessible to disabled
- Can accommodate groups of 45 or more
Number/Type of Campsites
- Number of tent-only sites: 20
- Number of tent-only sites available in winter: 6
- Total number of campsites: 48
- Total number of campsites available in winter: 12
- 50 amp
- Camping accessible to disabled
- Flush toilets in campground
- Group camp facilities
- Hot showers in campground
- Lodge/central building
- Pets allowed in campsite
- Secluded campsites
- State Parks Campgrounds
Length of Stay
- Daily site rental
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 220 reviews
This park has the nicest visitor’s center - fireplace, couches, tables, gift shop. Shovel Point is a quick hike behind the visitor’s center and has fantastic views! It’s a lot of steps to the top but...
— Paradise62209585852, October 15, 2021
We had time for one hike, so we went here. There’s a nice visitor center and several hiking opportunities. We opted for the Shovel Point hike, about a ¾ one way hike out to a viewpoint. It was...
— Robin B, October 6, 2021
This Minnesota state park is a true beauty. They have really put some money into the trails and infrastructure. The beaches are scenic and the trail to Shovel Point was spectacular though a...
— LJScar, September 18, 2021
As we were driving the coast highway, we came to Tettegouche State Park. As often, there is a nice visitor center with friendly and helpful people staffing the desk. The lady at the desk suggested...
— MikeB1952, September 16, 2021
This is a beautiful park with well-maintained trails that we were only able to explore a portion of. My wife and I took the 1.5 mile trail from Hwy 61 to High Falls and Two Step Falls. The latter...
— hmnegr, August 17, 2021